I was on the NAEYC website (National Association for the Education of Young Children) and came across a list of resources for parents to use.
The first one I have looked at is "Parents as Teachers". The program was developed in Missouri as teachers noticed that children were coming into school with varying skill levels (influenced by their environment). This program provides a variety of resources: personal visits (with people who are familiar with child development), parent group meetings, screenings (to assess children's growth and development), and a resource network.
I like this website because it has a lot of information about the importance of parents being teachers; children mimic people they look up to and it is important that the mimicking children do is appropriate.
It is an interesting website to browse. For more info, check the link on the left that says Parents as Teachers.
Thanks ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment