Before submitting this, I thought I would do an overview of my thoughts.
Much of my focus for this assignment is on literacy in early childhood. I have had the most experience with this age group, especially this semester with student teaching in a preschool. After researching online, it has become even clearer that environmental factors greatly contribute to a child's literacy development. From my child development classes, I have learned that early childhood is the most crucial time in a persons development. This correlates with Erik Erickson's theory about stages of social-emotional development. It is critical for children to develop a sense of trust at a young age (which is formed in their environment) in order to succeed in life in all developmental areas.
Thanks for reading my blog. I had fun making it and there will be more to come in the future :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment